Monday, January 17, 2011

Safe Winter Driving

Safe driving and good car maintenance take center stage in winter. Frigid temperatures and severe snowstorms are a reminder to be cautious on the road, especially as we experienced here in metro Atlanta last week.

INSURANCE INFORMATION INSTITUTE
New York Press Office: (212) 346-5500; media@iii.org

NEW YORK, December 15, 2010
— Given that at one point this week the day time temperature was lower in Florida than in Maine, the need to operate safely a well-maintained motor vehicle as winter approaches has gained national attention, according to the Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.). Winter begins on Tuesday, December 21.
“Drivers should always keep their front and rear windshields clear, focus on operating their vehicle, and avoid speeding. But these safety measures are even more critical as motorists navigate windblown, icy and snow-covered roadways,” said Michael Barry, vice president of Media Relations for the I.I.I.

Click here to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment